Sometimes i make mistakes... the other times i make greater mistakes.
There was a time when i used to be dreaded by the mention of the place "Kurla"... I really dont know why, but that was so. Then I realised the beauty of trains and decided to travel by railways, irrespective of the fact that i would now have to change trains at Kurla.
Two years down the line and I had great time travelling by train, Kurla being a minuscule part of journey, that too I never had to step out of the station(except once... but that's another story).
So far, so good. TY got over and i thought (rather hoped) that my interactions with Kurla station would come to an end. But fate had something else in for me.
Now I have to travel daily not only till Kurla station, but cross entire Kurla and reach to the bloody University.
Still not a regret as far I didn't have to get off the bus till I reached inside the Univ.
But again fate had surprises for me...
I ended up doing something that I never even dreamt about!! Thanks to the narrow roads leading to Kurla station that get blocked with traffic!
I hate waiting... I have lost all my patience (thnx to Deschmuck)!
And I definitely cant keep waiting in a bus, that hadnt budged an inch from its spot for about 15 min. I got up, put loud music on, and left the damn bus. I decided to go walking till the Kurla station. Great na I am!!
I didnt know how much time it would take me to reach the station, but I thought it wouldn't be more than 15 min. It turned out to be 25 long minutes though it would be shorter time, if there was place to walk. No pavements in Kurla.
I somewhat knew what sort of things may happen. But still went ahead.
Things I learnt during my journey till station:
1. a girl walking alone is a sight for every other guy.
2. it is the right of guys, coming from opposite direction, to brush against your hand or shoulder, even if there was enough place to walk from a distance.
3. if the girl has earphones on, she is supposed to be deaf, and hence the guys can comment anything that they feel like.
4. if a group of guys is walking towards you, be assured that at least one of them is going to try to be "cool" and will give looks to you or again pass comments.
fifth, and most important thing i realised is that all these situations arent really different from what happens in any other city.
I now feel stupid of why I used to be afraid of stepping out in Kurla!!
My first mistake was to judge Kurla on basis of what i had merely heard. But my greater mistake would be if I will still be afraid of trying out new stuff.
3 comments:
I can only ask you to be careful!!! Please...
Remember once we were stuck at kurla and harbour line was down and the stn was jam packed and we walked all the way to the highway and then we wouldnt get any bus and finally u got into a 504 i think... from the front that too i remember... Well anyways....new experiences are good and yes it would be a bigger mistake to not try them out.... but as i said...just be careful!!
(All guys are not like that btw...but all kurla guys are like that it seems... so i can only ask u...once again to please be careful!!!)
hey sid, i dont mean to generalise that guys are jerks... i know it isnt so. and neither did i mean that all kurla guys are jerks. it's just that some such ones do exist. almost everywhere.
when i was thinking whether to get off the bus or not, tht same incident tht u've mentioned, came into my mind. but that was quite a different situation i guess.
and dont worry, i have no plans to get off the bus ever again in the next 1.5 yrs. but things never really happen the way i wish them to be...
thats the story with all of us... things never happen the way we wish them to be....!!!!!!!
Post a Comment