Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Singapore Chapter

Singapore experience has been a mixed bag, with all the highs and lows together. I sat down and pondered about my experiences here and wondered what are the things I 'd like to remember about this country. Things that I would draw some motivation and courage from. 
  1. Chance - the chance to pursue my dream of research. Singapore gave me that chance and I'll always be grateful for that.
  2. Facilities - not just daily facilities like good transportation and good water and electricity, but also access to recreational facilities like community centres with good public facilities (i like swimming pools =) )
  3. Friendships - I have a good group of friends =) They've stood by me through thick and thin and I know whom I can rely on dearly!
  4. Life Lessons - lessons that I never learned nor could I ever learn in the cozy world back home. Singapore taught me those. Probably the best take home message for me...
  5. Love - I found my 2nd love on the very first day in the country (1st love brought me to singapore =p)! Probably the biggest gift Singapore has ever given me =) My strength, my patience, my sanity, my affection, all are due to his presence in my life =)
  6. People - though one may frequently come across inert, mind-your-own-business type of people and also some eccentric ones, some people are friendly. You need to spend time to befriend them truly, but they will smile back at you once they trust you =) 
  7. Safety - it isn't 100% safe and definitely there are creepy buggers in every corner of the world, including Singapore, yet it is safe.
  8. Stipend - in spite of Singapore being an expensive city to live in, we students get a basic stipend that is sufficient for a good living and even enjoying life 
  9. Travel - The chance to travel to different countries, amongst different cultures, different people, different thinking came only once I came down to Singapore.
It took me while to come up with all these... That made me realise how I let one aspect of my life affect my views on the remaining... Another lesson to be learned I guess =p



No comments: